This soup is perfect for a winter day, especially with the cold weather we have been having lately. It's very simple to prepare and you might actually have all the ingredients standing in your pantry/cupboard right now! Hope you will enjoy the recipe.
- Chopped Tomatoes - 1 can
- Chickpeas (organic in water) - 1 can
- Vegetable Stock - 1L / 4 cups
- Sweet Paprika Powder - 1 tsp.
- Cumin - 1 tsp.
- Cinnamon - 1 tsp.
- Rosemary - 1 tsp. dried
- Flat leaf Parsley - 4 tbsp. fresh
- Carrot - 1 large, peeled & diced
- Red Onion - 1, large, finely chopped
- Garlic - 3, finely chopped
Heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil on medium heat in your stockpot. Sauté the onion and when about done, add the finely chopped garlic and the pieces of carrot and cook for an additional 5 min.
Add all the herbs, except the flat leaf parsley which you add before serving, the chickpeas and chopped tomatoes. Stir for a minute and pour in your vegetable stock, bring to boil and simmer, uncovered for 25 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper and serve with a generous sprinkle of parsley and a piece of warm, crusty farm bread.