This is the perfect soup when you come home from work, don't feel like cooking for hours but do want a tasty and healthy meal. I promise, this delicious spinach and risotto soup won't take longer then 35 minutes and your kitchen will be pretty easy to clear after!
- Vegetable Stock - 1.25L/ 6 cups
- White Onion - 1 large, finely chopped
- Garlic Cloves - 3, finely chopped
- Baby Leaf Spinach - 260g/ 1/2 lb
- Risotto Rice - 1/2 cup / 125ml
- Thyme - 1/2 tbsp.
- Rosemary - 1/2 tbsp.
- Salt and Pepper - To season
- Pesto - To drizzle on top
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese - Shavings to sprinkle on top
Heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add the finely chopped garlic, onion, 1/2 tbsp of dried thyme and 1/2 tbsp of dried rosemary. Gently fry without coloring for about 10 minutes.
Then stir in the risotto, cover the ingredients and leave for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally, again gently fry without colouring.
Pour in you vegetable stock and once boiling reduce the heat, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes. Now stir in the spinach, let it wilt for 2 minutes, season with salt and pepper and ladle into bowls.
Before serving the Spinach & Risotto soup, drizzle the pesto on top and sprinkle the shaved Parmesan cheese generously.