A few weeks ago we landed in Marrakech, where the evening temperature was 118F/48C degrees! Needless to say that this chilled soup was the perfect dish to cool down on.
- orange juice - 3 cups/750ml
- carrots - 2 cups/280g, washed & finely grated
- cucumber - 1/2 , peeled & finely grated
- raw cane sugar - 1 tbsp.
- cinnamon - a pinch
Wash and finely grate the carrots, peel and finely grate the cucumber and mix together in a bowl. Pour in the orange juice and mix in one tablespoon of sugar and a pinch of cinnamon. Refrigerate the soup for at least two hours before serving. The soup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- Carrot Juice Soup Recipe (rawlivingfoods.typepad.com)
- Curried Carrot Soup With Roasted Pistachios (makingallthingsnew.com)
- " Curried Pumpkin Soup With Carrots, Yoghurt & Ginger " (chefsopinion.org)
- Add some ZING to your carrot soup! (nutritionalspread.com)