Delicious and light soup delicately flavoured with chives and parsley.
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp.
- Onion - 1, finely chopped
- Celery - 3 sticks, finely chopped
- Garlic Cloves - 3, finely chopped
- Celeriac - 1, peeled and chopped in pieces
- Dijon Mustard - 1 tbsp.
- Vegetable Stock - 1L/ 4cups
- Spinach - 225g / 0.5 lb
- Peas - 1 handful
- Chives - 1 handful, finely chopped
- Parsley - 1 handful, finely chopped
- Creme Fraiche - 125 ml/ 0.5 cup
- Salt & Pepper - to taste
Heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil on medium heat in your stockpot. Sauté the onion, garlic and celery when about done, add the pieces of celeriac and one tablespoon of dijon mustard and cover and cook for an additional 10 min.
Add the vegetable stock and bring to boil and cover. Once boiling reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the celeriac is nearly tender. Now add the spinach, a handful of peas, chives and parsley and simmer for 3 more minutes.
Turn off the heat and let the soup cool down for a few minutes. Then purée the ingredients with a hand blender in the stockpot or puree in batches in your blender. Once done add the creme fraich, season with some salt, pepper to taste and heat through without boiling.