Are you looking for a delicious simple homemade soup to make? Look no further. This soup is made from ingredients you won't believe can taste so good!
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
- Onions - 2, finely choped
- Garlic Cloves - 3, finely cloves
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Honey - 1 tbsp
- Ground Coriander - 1 tsp
- Chili Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Ground Cumin - 2 tsp
- Sweet Potatoes - 500g/ 1lb, peeled and chopped
- Carrots - 600g/ 1.35lb, roughly chopped
- Chickpeas - 1 can, drained
- Vegetable Stock - 1.5L/ 6 cups
- Lemon - juice from 1/2 lemon
- Salt & Pepper - to season
Heat the olive oil on medium heat in your stockpot. Sauté the onions and when they are about done add the garlic. Once translucent stir in the cumin seeds, ground cumin, ground coriander, chilli powder and honey. Now add the carrots and sweet potatoes, cover the ingredients and stir occasionally for about 10 minutes or until softened.
Pour in your stock, add the chickpeas and bring to boil. Once boiling reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are very tender.
Turn off the heat and let the soup cool down for a few minutes. Then purée the ingredients with a hand blender in the stockpot or puree in batches in your blender.
Return the mixture to the pan and stir in the lemon juice. Season to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.